You can find more information about the partner organisations by visiting their websites via the links below. We also give
you some links to other NDT sites.
NDT Validation Methodologies
We are not endorsing these sites or any of the data or views given. We do our best to check that the sites are still
appropriate but accept no responsibility for their operation or content.
A number of organisations publish methodologies giving suggested best practice for the validation of NDT procedures.
Most of these are covered by copyright, and so cannot be made available on this site. However, the following links will
point you in the direction of the relevant documents.
Other relevant links
- Microscan - a collaboration between EU companies and research organisations with a view to producing a powerful tool in the total quality control of PCB assemblies. The collaboration have developed four modules based on different non destructive detection techniques:- Automated Optical Imaging (AOI), Digital Radiography (DR), Thermography and Scanning Acoustic Microscopy (SAM).
- The British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing presents information on their activities, events, membership, publications and certification. Includes an International Directory of Quality Practitioners, Register of Independent Consultants and directories of equipment providers and suppliers of inspection and training services.
- The American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) includes buyers guide, jobs, information on certification, details of individual and corporate membership, schedule of events (conferences, examinations, section meetings), local society activities, training information and links to other NDT sites in the non-profit/educational sector. Includes an introduction to NDT. Under 'Publications', they have Materials Evaluation's 'Back to Basics' tutorial articles on particular techniques or applications of NDT, and 'NDT Solution' examples of how a particular NDT technique was used to solve a particular testing problem.
- ESR Technology, formerly the Engineering, Safety and Risk business of AEA Technology, includes the UK National NDT Centre which presents information on their activities in research & development; consultancy; information; training; specialist inspection services; and NDT products. A selection of staff papers are available as PDF files.
- Center for Nondestructive Evaluation at Iowa State University The Center for NDE (CNDE) focuses on the research and development of new theories and techniques for use in quantitative NDE. Includes information on the The Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation (QNDE).
- NDT Resource Centre is designed to be a comprehensive source of information and materials for NDT and NDE technical education and carries introductions to NDT techniques and applications.
- BAM Bundesanstalt f?r Materialprufung in Berlin, The Federal Institute of Materials Research and Testing is a scientific-technological institute under the authority of the Federal Minister of Economics. BAM promotes the development of German industry by carrying out research on materials and by further developing testing techniques and chemical safety engineering. Department VIII covers non-destructive testing. BAM were involved in a European project called Trappist to establish a standard environment for transfer, processing and interpretation of 3D NDT data. In English and German.
- Links to Internet Sites containing NDE related Information The listed links are to sites that NTIAC (Nondestructive Testing Information Analysis Center) has identified as containing words such as "nondestructive" or "nondestructively" using the commonly available Internet search tools.
- NDT Net , an electronic journal, includes information from manufacturers, details of exhibitions, an online library of full-text articles, abstracts database, a discussion forum and a monthly electronic Journal of Nondestructive Testing & Ultrasonics.
- The Canadian Society for Nondestructive Testing offers information on its training activities, member services, publications and events.
- NDTech Online offers an email newsletter on nondestructive testing instruments, techniques, and methods and keeps the archive on the web.
- Nondestructive Evaluation at SwRI (Southwest Research Institute) offers details of its NDT capabilities plus information about the NDT Newsgroup and NDE Mailing List. Not updated since Jan.2003.
- NDT Cabin is an online magazine for NDT technicians. Includes industry news by sector and jobs listings (largely UK).
Copyright © 2012, TWI Ltd
Information and advice are provided in good faith. No warranty expressed or implied is given regarding the results or effects of applying information or advice from the website, nor is any responsibility accepted for any consequential loss or damage. Accessibility statement